Our vision is to see a world where there are no communication barriers between Deaf and hearing people. By improving the quality of training available, appa training with the acclaimed Appa teaching faculty is working towards ensuring the needs of the Deaf community are better met.
appa training is a Social Enterprise. This means that we conduct business as a commercial company, maintaining our high standards, and profits are reinvested back into the company to enable us to achieve our social goals. Our aim is to secure funding for projects to offer subsidised or free training for deaf and disabled people, and members of the wider community who are long term unemployed, or in some way disadvantaged.
We are committed to:
- Innovation, whether it’s in the design and delivery of our training and assessment programmes, or in developing new qualifications
- Delivering a friendly and supportive learning environment, where learning is fun and where even the most nervous new student can relax, build their confidence and excel
- Providing a strong focus on individual learning needs and skills, starting with the initial assessment where we not only look at the students’ practical skills and knowledge, but also their attitudes toward learning
- Delivering high quality training and assessment
- Contributing towards the ongoing professional development of members of the Deaf Community
Our motto tells you everything you need to know about us:
appa training is with you all the way!